Feb 23, 2011

Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer Palette Fake???

So I recently went on ebay to search for inexpensive Coastal Scents palettes and I was looking at the products that had popped up after searching "Coastal Scents Palettes." Majority of the products were listed around $30 per palette + postage and handling. Which I know is a pretty good price for a palette with that many colours, but I didn't really want to pay that much.

I had actually read somewhere online that if you type in the name of the palette you want but without the 'coastal scents' part in the search engine you will get the exact same palette for a cheaper price. 

Why are these ones cheaper?  Are they fakes?  Copy cats? 

So I did a little research and I found out that the cheaper palettes that are listed on ebay, are pretty much the coastal scents palettes the only difference is that it does not have the 'coastal scents' label on them (i.e. they are pretty much made from the same company, coastal scents just buys it from the same supplier and slaps their brand on it). They looked exactly the same and were only $15.00 exact with $0 postage and handling!! Although I was worried it was a hoax product and was scared that the shadow would not be very pigmented but it was! It was very very pigmented. 

Although I have never had first hand experience with a coastal scents palette so I cannot actually say whether or not they are directly comparable, I decided to do swatches for you all to see =D

Here is the picture of the Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer Palette from the official Coastal Scents website:
Here are photos I took of the ebay (looks exactly the same huh? =p):




Here are swatches of the palette from ebay:


I also had worries that the eyeshadow would crack and break during transport, but it came out perfect. In fact the care taken into the packaging actually surprised me. Inside the palette it self had a clear plastic cover over the eyeshadows, and there was also bubble wrap in the inside. The palette was also securely taped on both sides and then inserted into a plastic sleeve. Two plates of foam were placed on both sides of the palette and then taped together, and placed in a bubble wrap envelop. 

If anyone is on a low budget but still would like to have an extensive eyeshadow range, this is my best recommendation to date. 

Ava Over & Out
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment